Head and Neck Tumor Unit, IOB Institute of Oncology
Cancer Prevention Unit and Genetic Counselling, IOB Institute of Oncology
- Santiago Cabezas Camarero graduated in Medicine from the University of Santiago de Compostela (USC) spending the last two years of Medical School at Université Claude Bernard Lyon I in France.
- He conducted his Residency Program in Medical Oncology at Hospital Clínico Universitario San Carlos in Madrid, Spain, obtaining his degree in Medical Oncology in 2015. Since then, he has special dedication to the treatment of Head and Neck Cancer and Brain Tumors, and to the area of Genetic Counseling for Familial Cancer.
- He has experience as sub-investigator in several clinical trials with different anti-tumor therapies, particularly with immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- He is member of several national and international scientific societies, including the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM), the Spanish Group for the Treatment of Tumors of The Head and Neck (TTCC), the Spanish Group for the Research in Neuro-Oncology (GEINO), the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- He develops his daily clinical practice in conjunction with several projects of clinical and translational research focusing in the fields of liquid biopsy in Head and Neck Cancer and Brain Tumors, as well as to the search for biomarkers of response to immunotherapy in Head and Neck Cancer and of biomarkers predicting the evolution of Head and Neck premalignant lesions to cancer. He has published several articles in PUBMED-indexed journals, and presented research works to national and international meetings in different oncology areas.
- He has completed formative periods abroad and speaks fluently English and French.