04 Апр Dr. Francesc Bosch
Dr. Francesc Bosch, MD PhD
A specialist in lymphomas and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, he has, together with his team, achieved innovations in new technologies for the analysis of hematological diseases and new treatments for this type of disease.
Professor Bosch is one of the world’s most highly reputed leaders in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) and conducts both clinical and basic research on CLL and other lymphoproliferative disorders, focusing especially on the molecular pathogenesis of CLL and the development of new therapeutic approaches.
Professor Bosch is currently working on more than 80 studies from phase 1 to phase 3, which means that new drugs and indications will be available in coming years thanks to research done by Professor Bosch.
- Hematology Unit, IOB Institute of Oncology
- Head of Haematology Unit, Vall d’Hebron Hospital
- Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona in 1988.
- PhD at the University of Barcelona in 1997 for his research on cyclin D1 overexpression in chronic lymphoproliferative disorders, under the supervision of Professor Elías Campo.
- Two-year post-doctoral fellowship in the laboratory of Professor Riccardo Dalla-Favera at the Institute of Cancer Genetics at Columbia University, New York.
- Investigator into Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (LLC) at the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona in 2000.
- President of the Spanish group for the study of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (GELLC) and he leads the clinical trials area.
- Involved since 1995 in the development of clinical trials on CLL, making several contributions to the evaluation of CLL prognosis and treatment.
- Head of Hematology at the IOB Institute of Oncology since 2004.
- Head of the Haematology Department and director of the Laboratory of Experimental Haematology at Barcelona’s Vall d’Hebron University Hospital since 2009.
- Responsible for publishing more than 100 articles in prestigious scientific journals such as The New England Journal of Medicine, Nature Medicine, Cancer Cell, Blood, Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Leukemia.
- Author and co-author of several reviews and book chapters on CLL and other lymphoproliferative disorders.
- Professor of Haematology at the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital of Barcelona.