02 أبريل Dr. David Valcárcel
Dr. David Valcárcel
Dr. David Valcárcel treats patients with various hematological diseases, both benign and malignant, and his attention is especially focused on patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and acute leukemia, as well as hematological autoimmune processes such as immune thrombocytopenia. In addition to collaborating on various publications, he has also participated as a speaker at conferences and presentations at both national and international levels.
- Hematology Unit, IOB Institute of Oncology
- Section Head and Director of the Intensive Haematology and Cell Therapy Unit at the Haematology Service of Vall d’Hebron Hospital
- Holds a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valencia, 1998.
- Specialization in hematology and hemotherapy at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in 2003.
- Doctoral studies and doctoral thesis on the role of low-intensity allogeneic transplantation in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia.
- Member of the hematology teams of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in Barcelona and the Hospital Clínic Universitari de Valencia.
- Current Section Head and Director of the Intensive Haematology and Cell Therapy Unit at the Haematology Service of Vall d’Hebron Hospital, led by Dr. Francesc Bosch.
- Member of the IOB Institute of Oncology hematology team since 2017.
- Member of the main national and international scientific associations involving haematology and the transplantation of haematopoietic progenitor cells in Europe and America (SEHH, EHA, ASH, EBMT, ASBMT).
- Current secretary of the Spanish Group for Haematopoietic Transplantation (GETH).
He has published numerous chapters of books and articles in high-impact journals such as The Lancet Haematology, The Journal of Clinical Oncology, Blood, Haematologica, etc.