15 Апр Josep Tabernero MD and PhD
Posted at 00:10h in Barcelona, Gastrointestinal Cancer Unit, Quironsalud, Specialists 0 Comments
Josep Tabernero MD and PhD
He has been Principal Investigator of several Phase I pharmacodynamic studies and translational projects with tumor-directed targeted therapies and immune therapies.
His research aims at potentiating molecular therapies targeting specific oncoproteins and accelerating more effective personalized cancer medicines for patients displaying genetic lesions or pathway disregulation.
- Head of the Medical Oncology Department at the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital
- Director of the Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO)
- MD and PhD degrees from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain.
- Member of the Educational and Scientific Committees of the ESMO, ECCO, ASCO, AACR, AACR/NCI/EORTC, ASCO Gastrointestinal, TAT and WCGIC meetings.
- Part of the Editorial Boards of various top tier journals including Annals of Oncology, ESMO Open, Cancer Discovery, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer Treatment Reviews and Nature Reviews in Clinical Oncology.
- President (2018 – 2019) and currently Past President (2020- 2021) of the European Society for Medical Oncology´s (ESMO)
- Member of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
(co) authored approximately 500 peer-reviewed papers.
Professor of Medicine at UVic-UCC.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.