05 أبريل Dr. Martín Espinosa
Dr. Martín Espinosa, MD PhD
Specialist focused particularly on ultrasound-guided breast-conserving surgery, surgery after neoadjuvant chemotherapy, and nipple-areola-sparing mastectomy associated with immediate reconstruction.
In turn, the main object of his research is to demonstrate that reductions in certain surgical procedures are not detrimental from the standpoint of the oncological outcome for patients, improving their quality of life by manifesting fewer complications.
Since 2009 he has been an adjunct in the Breast Pathology Unit dedicated exclusively to the surgical treatment of breast cancer, focusing particularly on ultrasound-guided breast-conserving surgery, surgery after treatment with neoadjuvant chemotherapy and nipple-areola complex-sparing mastectomy associated with immediate reconstruction.
- Breast Surgery Unit, IOB Institute of Oncology
- He holds a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1997, officially approved for a Spanish degree in 2003.
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology in Buenos Aires by the Ministry of Health of Argentina since 2000.
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu de Barcelona since 2009.
- A two-year stay in Toulouse, France, at the Institut Claudius Regaud, part of UNICANCER, a French hospital network dedicated 100% to the fight against cancer.
- Head of the Breast Pathology Unit of the Breast Cancer Centre of the Vall d’Hebron Barcelona Hospital Campus of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS), the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) and the Board of Directors of the Spanish Association of Breast Surgeons (AECIMA).
- European Board of Breast Surgery adjudicated by the Breast Surgery Division of the Surgery Section of the European Union of Medical Specialists (EUMS) in 2013.
- Recognition as a Specialist in Breast Health and Mammary Pathology by the Comissio d’Acreditacio en Sinologia i Patologia Mamaria and the Oficina Técnica d’Acreditacio del Colegi Oficial de Metges de Barcelona in 2015.
- Adjunct to the Breast Pathology Unit dedicated exclusively to the surgical treatment of breast cancer since 2009.