01 أبريل Dr. Francesc Cobo
Dr. Francesc Cobo
In recent years, his activity has focused on clinical haemato-oncology from the care point of view, while maintaining a relationship with the Haematology Department at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona with regard to myelodysplastic syndromes and lymphoproliferative syndromes.
- Oncologist specialising in haemato-oncology at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery in 1990 from the University of Barcelona.
- Specialist in Haematology and Haemotherapy since 1995, after completing his training as a resident doctor at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- PhD Cum Laude in Medicine from the University of Barcelona in 2002.
- Research physician in the Clinical Haematology and Pathological Anatomy Departments at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, pursuing the work that led to his doctoral thesis.
- Emergency Physician in the Biological Haematology Department at Hospital Clínic (1996).
- Specialist Emergency Physician in the Haematology Department at Hospital Mútua de Terrassa (1996-1998).
- Emergency medical specialist in the Clinical Haematology Department at Hospital Clínic (1998).
- Specialist physician for the same department (1998-2000).
- Scholarships and grants for research, such as “Aid for Research Initiation Projects” from the Interdepartmental Commission for Research and Technological Innovation of the Government of Catalonia (1990).
- End of Residence Award at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona (1995).
- Grant from the Agustí Pedro i Pons University Foundation (1996-1997).
- Grant for Advanced Training in Haematology from the “Farreras Valentí Haematology School” and Schering Plough (1997-1998).
- Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Award for the best contributions from the Meeting of the Spanish Association of Haematology (1997).
- Young Researchers Award in Haematology from the Catalan Society of Haematology and Hemotherapy (1999).
- Grant from the Foundation Clinic for Research at the Hospital Clínic (2000-2004).
Author of various publications in the most prestigious international journals related to Haematology. He has participated as a speaker in many conferences and scientific meetings related to his specialty.
Professor of the subject of Haematology at the University of Barcelona’s Faculty of Medicine.