07 Apr Dr. Jaume Capdevila
Dr. Jaume Capdevila
Within Medical Oncology, his area of specialisation is the treatment of tumours of the digestive tract (oesophagus-gastric, colorectal, pancreatic, bile duct, liver, small intestine, peritoneal and anal canal) and tumours of the endocrine area (thyroid, gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine, paragangliomas, pheochromocytomas, adrenal carcinoma and tumours of other origins of neuroendocrine lineage).
- Medical Oncology Department (Gastrointestinal and Endocrine Cancer Unit) at Vall d’Hebron Hospital and the Teknon Cancer Institute since 2006.
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Lleida (2001).
- Fellowship at the University of Lleida’s Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department.
- Residence at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, where he specialised in Medical Oncology (2006).
- Fellowship at the Endocrine Oncology Department at Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden in 2008.
- Active member and participant in different projects in the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), the European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (ENETS), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the Multidisciplinary Spanish Group of Digestive Cancer (GEMCAD) and the Spanish Cooperative Group for Digestive Tumour Therapy (TTD).
- Member of the advisory council of the European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (ENETS).
- Secretary and treasurer of the Spanish Group for Neuroendocrine Tumours (GETNE).
- Co-founder and treasurer of the Spanish Group for Orphan and Infrequent Tumours (GETHI).
- Member of different scientific societies, such as EORTC, ENETS, ASCO, GEMCAD and TTD.
- Member of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM).
- Author/co-author of over 50 articles in specialised and high-impact journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Annals of Oncology, European Journal of Cancer, British Journal of Cancer, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer Discovery and many more.
- Editor and co-author of various books and book chapters on Medical Oncology.