10 Apr Dr. Joan Carles Galceran
Dr. Joan Carles Galceran
His areas of interest are genitourinary clinical oncology, sarcomas and early and translational clinical research in genetic polymorphisms, angiogenesis and other topics, as targets in cancer therapy.
He directs national multicentre trials of new drugs in the treatment of prostate, kidney and bladder cancer.
- Oncology Department at Vall d’Hebron University Hospital as Head of Section and Coordinator of the Genitourinary, Central Nervous System, Sarcomas and Unknown Origin Unit since 2008.
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona in 1987.
- PhD Cum Laude in 1992 from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Residence in Medical Oncology at the Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol in Badalona.
- European Certificate in Medical Oncology in Vienna in November 1996.
- Co-founder and secretary of the Spanish Oncology Genitourinary Group (SOGUG), where he has served as secretary and vice president.
- Member of the Spanish Group of Head and Neck Tumours (CTT) and the Spanish Group of Sarcoma Research (GEIS).
- Medical Oncology Department at the Hospital de Terrassa (from June 1991 to April 1992).
- Medical Oncology Department at Hospital del Mar in Barcelona until September 2008.
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the European Association for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM).
- Author/co-author of over 120 peer-reviewed articles and more than 350 contributions for congresses and book chapters.
- Associate Professor in Medicine at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona since 1995 and in charge of the elective subject of Medical Oncology.
- Currently an Associate Professor at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.