30 Mar Dra. Mercedes Gironella
Dra. Mercedes Gironella
Dr. Gironella treats patients with a variety of hematological diseases, both benign and malignant, and her attention is centered in particular on patients with monoclonal gammopathies and lymphoproliferative syndromes.
In addition to collaborating on numerous publications, she has also participated as a speaker at conferences and in presentations at both national and international levels.
- Hematology Unit, IOB Institute of Oncology
- Holds a degree in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona, 2001.
- Specialization in Hematology and Hemotherapy at the Vall d’Hebron Hospital, 2008.
- A member of the hematology team at the Vall d’Hebron Hospital, she has been responsible for monoclonal gammopathies since 2009.
- Current Head of Operations in the Haematology Department of Vall d’Hebron Hospital, led by Dr. Francesc Bosch.
- Member of the IOB Institute of Oncology hematology team since 2019.
- Member of the main national and international scientific associations involving hematology and multiple myeloma in Europe (ASH, GEM, EHA).
She has published and collaborated on articles for high-impact journals such as Blood, The Lancet, Blood Cancer Journal and Haematologica.