11 Apr Dr. Agustí Barnadas
Dr. Agustí Barnadas
He focuses on three lines of research: a) the study of improvements in breast cancer staging; b) the study of molecular variables associated with prognosis and prediction of response to treatment; and c) the study of the detection of residual disease.
- Head of the Medical Oncology Department at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
- Founding member of the Spanish Breast Cancer Research Group (GEICAM) and currently serving as its vice president.
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery in 1981 from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Specialist in Medical Oncology from the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau in Barcelona.
- European Certificate in Medical Oncology in 1989, London.
- Specialist physician in the Medical Oncology Department of the Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol in Badalona from 1998 to 2003.
- Appointed Care Coordinator of the Catalan Institute of Oncology at the Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol in 2003.
- Head of the Medical Oncology Department at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau since 2004.
- Member of the Catalano-Balear Oncological Society, the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM), the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Scientific Coordinator of the GEICAM Breast Cancer Continuing Education Course.
- Main Investigator of more than 70 research projects, mainly multicentre clinical trials; he has received funding to carry out research through different public and private competitive tenders.
- President of the Catalano-Balear Oncological Society in 2008 and 2009. General Secretary of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology (SEOM), having participated in various scientific committees of this society’s congresses and symposia between 2011 and 2013.
- Coordinator of SEOM’s +MIR Section and Director of SEOM’s Journal of Continuing Education in Oncology between 2010 and 2013.
- Author/co-author of over 130 original articles in indexed journals.
- Author of more than 280 contributions for national and international congresses.
- Reviewer in the journals Clinical Translational Oncology, Annals of Oncology and British Journal of Cancer.
- Associate Professor of the Department of Medicine of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, where he is the coordinator of the undergraduate Oncology course.
- Director of 12 PhD theses to date.
- Professor at the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau University School of Nursing, attached to the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona