12 Apr Teresa Macarulla, MD, PhD
Teresa Macarulla, MD, PhD
She actively participates in the development of national and international clinical investigations, especially in relation to drugs directed against molecular targets, as well as clinical investigations for new chemotherapy agents.
She is involved in translational research and pharmacodynamic phase I studies with molecular targeted therapies and related translational research, with a special focus on EGFR inhibitors. She is also involved in phase II and III studies with new chemotherapy agents in gastrointestinal tumors, with special interest in hepatobiliopancreatic tumors.
- Physician in the Medical Oncology Department at the Vall d’Hebron University Hospital in Barcelona, Spain.
- Working in the gastrointestinal tumors team at IOB.
- Head of the GI Cancer Program Unit since April 2017.
- Medical degree from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona in Barcelona, Spain.
- Specialist training in medical oncology and has had appointments in Barcelona.
- Active member of the Spanish Society of Medical Oncology, European Society for Medical Oncology, and American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- ad hoc reviewer for various oncology journals.
Author of numerous publications, many focusing on hepatobiliopancreatic tumors and new drugs, and she has authored communications at different conferences.