09 Apr Dr. García del Muro MD PhD
Dr. García del Muro, MD PhD
Principal investigator in several clinical trials and translational research projects in genitourinary cancer and sarcomas.
He is also one of the researchers who began working on developing treatment strategies for bladder preservation in selected patients, as an alternative to radical surgery.
He is working hard to develop a new approach to treating kidney and bladder cancer with immunotherapy. He works together with cutting-edge research laboratories, especially in renal cancer and sarcomas.
He is focused on finding predictive molecular markers that facilitate a better selection of treatments to be given and the identification and development of new specific treatments.
- Genitourinary Cancer Unit and Sarcoma Unit, IOB Institute of Oncology
- Head of the Genitourinary Cancer Unit, Institut Català d’Oncologia
- Professor of Medical Oncology, University of Barcelona
- He holds a degree in Medicine from the University of Barcelona (UB), with distinction.
- Specialization in Medical Oncology at Hospital Clínico San Carlos in Madrid.
- PhD in Research, cum laude, at the University of Barcelona (UB) with the thesis “Molecular prognostic factors in bladder cancer”.
- Professor of Medical Oncology, University of Barcelona.
- Former President of the Spanish Germ Cell Cancer Group (GG) dedicated to the study and investigation of testicular cancer, and currently a member of the Board of Directors.
- Former President of the Spanish Group of Sarcoma Research (GEIS).
- Former member of the Board of Directors of SOGUG (Spanish Oncology Genitourinary Group).
- Active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Key role in the development of new molecular agents targeting kidney cancer, such as sunitinib and everolimus, which have revolutionized the treatment of this disease.
- Participant in multiple testicular cancer projects and in research into new drugs for advanced bladder and prostate cancers.
- Participant in clinical trials that have led to the approval of nivolumab in renal cancer, and also in the development of atezolizumab and nivolumab in bladder cancer, which have shown very impressive results.
He has published more than 150 research articles on genitourinary cancer and sarcomas, in prestigious international scientific journals.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.